2021 Annual Report Shows Impressive Gains in Recycling Rate, Yield and Collection as Material Is Kept Out of Landfill
- 88.5 million pounds of post-consumer carpet was collected across the state.
- 67 million pounds of recycled output was produced.
- Over 81 million tons of greenhouse gas emissions (MTC02E) was saved.
- $23.1 million in subsidies paid to support collectors, processors and manufacturers of recycled carpet material.
- Over $1.5 million in grant funding was invested in 2021. Since 2017, CARE has paid over $9.5 million to grow carpet recycling via grants for capital improvement, product testing and collection expansion.