Carpet Recycling 101 is an overview of carpet recycling in the United States. The presentation provides information on the following topics:
- Drivers for Carpet Recycling
- General Categories of carpet recycling
- Differences in Various types of recycling
- Market Values of Various Recycled Products
- Demand for Recycled materials from Carpet
- Understanding Capital needs of Recycling
- Present & Anticipated recycling capacities
- Present & New Recycling technologies
- Challenges & Opportunities
Carpet Recycling 101 (866 KB)
CARE is pleased to announce it has completed the Property Description Sheets for Nylon 6/6 recycled materials available from post-consumer carpet. CARE’s property description sheets ease the purchase and transfer of post-consumer carpet materials by providing a means in which sellers and purchasers can easily identify distinguishing characteristics of available materials. CARE’s grading system is based on the level of processing, as well as ash content.
CARE is developing additional Product Description Sheets for Nylon 6, Polypropylene and Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET). As these additional Product Description Sheets become available, CARE will post them on the CARE Website for industry use.
CARE’s Product Description Sheets were developed in partnership with the Polymer Center of Excellence. The Polymer Center of Excellence (PCE) is a not-for-profit 501c6 organization created by the State of North Carolina to assist the plastics industry in training, design, troubleshooting, material property testing, extrusion compounding and injection molding.
If you have questions or comments about CARE’s Product Description Sheets, please contact CARE.