In order to benefit from the experience and expertise of a committed group of stakeholders, CARE is creating the California Council on Carpet Recycling to provide insights, feedback and suggestions to the California Carpet Stewardship Program. The Council will be formed in the last quarter of 2015, with 3-4 meetings per year. Council meetings may be held in various locations around the state. Program funds are allocated to provide a small stipend to cover costs of travel for Council members.
CARE is seeking 1-2 candidates from the following areas:
- NGO(s) / Environmental Organization(s)
- Waste hauler(s) / transportation provider(s)
- Collection Site Operator(s) (Transfer stations, landfills, MRFs)
- State/Local Government(s) (may include Joint Powers Authorities, etc.)
- State/Local Government(s) (Staff – Recycling/Capital Projects/Building & Planning)
- Processor(s) (New, Existing, Previous Experience)
- Collector/Sorter Enterprise(s)/Service Provider(s) (New, Existing, Previous Experience)
- Secondary Product Manufacturer(s) (New, Existing, Previous Experience)
- Academic Advisor(s)
- Market Developer / Business
- Other Stewardship Organization(s)
- Member at large (Consumer)
- CalRecycle Staff
- Department of General Services Staff (Procurement), CalTrans Staff
- CARE CA Staff – facilitation/support
CARE is now accepting applications and/or nominations for those wishing to serve on the inaugural Council; deadline to apply is December 1, 2015. CARE will appoint members to the Council.
The full Call for Nominations can be viewed here: Council Call for Nominations November 2015.
Learn more about the California Carpet Stewardship Program here.