CARE has awarded grants of $10,000 each to five companies for its Cycle 1M Micro-Grants for Collections/Reuse Programs pilot. Funds were awarded for infrastructure projects and/or purchase of equipment that supports the operational logistics of properly collecting and/or reusing California post-consumer carpet (PCC) under a new or established program. Projects must be completed by the end of 2017, and are expected to support over 15 million net new pounds of collection annually.
- A-1 Planet Recycling, Chula Vista: To purchase four 40-yard roll-off containers for San Diego localized collection at retail sites.
- CLEAR, Lincoln: To purchase 20 sea containers for Sacramento localized collection at small and medium retailers.
- Green Waste Recovery, San Jose: To purchase a MicroPHAZIR gun to identify PCC types more rapidly and increase throughput into the facility.
- Napa Recycling and Waste Services: To purchase a rain/weather cover to increase PCC diversion by 30%.
- Zanker Recycling, San Jose To purchase a rain/weather cover and cement pad at the Florin Perkins site in Sacramento to increase PCC diversion by about 33%.
To learn more, visit the Grants webpage.