CARE’s California Carpet Stewardship Program is requesting comments on a draft solicitation for a second round of the Micro Grants Program for Collection/Reuse (Cycle 2M). The goal of the grants is to promote the additional collection and reuse of California post-consumer carpet (PCC). Cycle 2M funds will be awarded for infrastructure projects and/or purchase of equipment that support the proper collection and/or reuse of California PCC under a new or established California-based program.
A total of $75,000 is allocated for Cycle 2M (2018/19) Micro Grants Program for Collection/Reuse. Maximum grant awards will be limited to $15,000 for each grant awarded under this Program.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a continuous basis through 2018. The priority round of grantees must achieve project completion by the middle of 2019; projects proving 2018 impact will be preferred. Priority program applications are due no later than April 6, 2018 and projects must reach completion by the middle of 2019.
Eligible Applicants include:
- Public entities, such as California cities, counties, public school districts, public colleges and universities, special districts, parks and recreation districts, and state agencies (including offices, departments, bureaus and boards).
- Joint Powers Authorities (JPA) if the JPA Agreement includes solid waste responsibilities.
- Public or private businesses such as transfer stations, recycling centers and disposal sites.
- CARE drop-off sites, Collector Sorter Entrepreneurs and Processors are encouraged to apply.
- Nonprofit entities such as reuse stores.
All comments on the Cycle 2M Micro Grants for Collection/Reuse Solicitation should be emailed to Abbie Beane, CARE Grants Manager, by the February 20, 2018 deadline. Answers to comments and questions will be posted on the CARE grants webpage by March 16, 2018. Comments may be incorporated into the final Cycle 2M solicitation, scheduled to be posted on February 28, 2019.